Monday 11 August 2014

Summer Feature 2014 by Simona Guest Post



Today I am really excited to introduce Simona to you, she is going to be talking about her summer reads and some of her favourite authors. I would like to welcome her to The Book Corner! 

Summer Reading


When I hear summer and reading I always think of a sunlounger and the beach. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the possibility to make beach holidays the last few summers. There are still lots of possibilities for reading though. I love to read in the garden o rat the lake. Last year I spent some days in Ascona, Switzerland, and I read One Perfect Summer by Paige Toon. It’s what brought me back to reading and the reason I started blogging.

One Perfect Summer by Paige Toon is a great summer read, set in beautiful surroundings and telling a wonderful story. Another brilliant summer read by Paige Toon is The Longest Holiday, set in Key West. Let me just tell you this: I fell in love. Actually, all of Paige’s books make great summer reads.



In summer I really enjoy reading about great summer destinations like Italy, France, Spain, Florida, California etc.

Here are some recommendations for some very enjoyable and sweet summer reads:



* The Time Of Our Lives by Jane Costello

* You’re The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher

* Lucy in the Sky by Paige Toon

* Love Me For Me by Jenny Hale

* About A Girl by Lindsey Kelk

* One Hundred Proposals by Holly Martin

* Written in the Stars by Ali Harris

* The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me

* It’s Raining Men by Milly Johnson

* A Cottage by the Sea by Carole Matthews

I could go on here, but then I’d never stop. I’d rather tell you about some great authors and stories.

Let me start with a collection of short stories: The Sunlounger 2 by Belinda Jones. She created this great collection of stories and some awesome authors contributed a story: Holly Martin, Hannah Beckerman, Rosie Blake, Tracie Bloom, Lisa Dickenson, Juliette Sobanet etc. Just perfect for the summer! Last year the first Sunlounger collection came out, I haven’t read it yet, but it’s definitely on my list.


Now, I’d like to tell you about one of my fave authors, who became a great friend: Aven Ellis. She has two books out there at the moment, soon to be followed by the third. Connectivity and Waiting For Prince Harry are two absolutely amazing stories. They are not particularly summer stories, but a MUST READ anyway, so check them out.



If you’re looking for some romance, Katy Regnery my QUEEN of romance is the perfect author for it. Her Heart of Montana series is brilliant and she has some other great books out there.



Now, let me tell you about the book I’m reading at the moment: The Vineyard by Karen Aldous. The surroundings are beautiful: a vineyard and Cannes, plus some other cute places, and the story is wonderful, touching and so sweet. I fell in love with it.



Last but not least, What A Girl Wants by Lindsey Kelk, I cannot wait to read this book. Tess’ story is finally going on and it’s next on my TBR, so yay!!! Another book for summer on my TBR is: The Best Thing That never Happened To Me by Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice.


Summer and reading are the perfect combination ;)

Thank you Sam for having me 

Thanks so much for participating in the Summer Feature Simona, I love your reading suggestions and there are many that I have not read yet, which I will be adding to my TBR thanks so much!

You can follow Simona on twitter
Also check out her brilliant blog


No comments:

Post a Comment