Saturday 16 August 2014

Summer Feature 2014 by Jackie Guest Post


Today Jackie has stopped by to share her summer reading with The Book Corner, thanks for taking to time to participate Jackie!


Summer and reading go together like Brad and Angelina, like Ben & Jerry, like me and chocolate eclairs. Is there anything more lovely than lying on a sun lounger in your garden, the smell of sun lotion and cut grass in the air, an icy cold drink next to you, reading a good book? I think a lot of people look for a light and easy read in summer. Something you can breeze through. Maybe a nice romance novel or something similar. That's all well and good, I occasionally read those books myself. In fact, I have just finished a fantastic chick-lit novel by Jill Knapp called 'What Happens To Men When They Move To Manhattan?' (Please check it out if you haven't already. It's a fab read!) This summer though, I have my eye on a book that I cannot wait to get started.





I have heard nothing but good things about 'The Girl With All The Gifts'. The horror/thriller genre is the one I love the most. I love a book that gives me chills and I'm nuts about movies in this genre too. In fact I rarely watch any other type. I bought this book a few days ago as the blurb really appealed to me.


NOT EVERY GIFT IS A BLESSING

Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class.

When they come for her, Sergeant Parks keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite. But they don't laugh.

Melanie is a very special girl.

Emotionally charged and gripping from beginning to end, THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS is the most powerful and affecting thriller you will read this year.


Sounds good doesn't it? The reviews on Goodreads are just adding to my excitement over this book. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those reads that you cannot put down. You know the one's right? You stay up until the early hours because you simply have to find out what happens at the end. Knowing full well that you have somewhere to be in the morning but you don't care. People will understand if you're a little late, wont they? If you sleep through your alarm because you were up until gone 3am reading the last few chapters. I cannot tell you how many times I've done that. Turning up at work bleary eyed because I'd been reading by torchlight in my bed! Yes, I know for certain this is going to be one of those books. I know I wont be able to close it until I find out what happens to Melanie.


That said. I'm off to finish 'Boy21' so I can get my hands onto and my teeth into 'The Girl With All The Gifts'. Good luck to everybody with their reading over the summer and I look forward to reading all your reviews when you're done. No doubt I'll end up with another few additions to my TBR pile when I've read them. You guys always inspire me to try books I wouldn't usually entertain.


Happy reading and a huge thank you to Sam for inviting me to guest-post! Jackie xox 



You can follow Jackie on twitter here
She also has an awesome blog to check out here

Thanks again for joining us over at The Book Corner, there are still loads more summer feature posts coming so make sure you check them out. I hope you are enjoying them all as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment