Sunday 24 August 2014

Summer Feature 2014 by Shaun Gust Post


Today I would like to welcome Shaun to The Book Corner, he is sharing with us his books he would take on holiday with him.



Sam is one of my favourite bloggers so I am very excited to be writing this guest post for The Book Corner. I've chosen to write about five books that I would take on holiday with me (if I was going on one this year that is!). They are books that I love and think are perfect for Summer reading.




Books are listed in a random order (apart from On the Island which is my favourite). 



On the Island - Tracey Garvis Graves



So this book is amazing. I absolutely loved it and it was one of the best books I read in 2012. Despite not being the intended audience, I believe if a book is good then it can be enjoyed by just about anyone. Every so often a book will come along that it's a struggle to put it down, people call books unputdownable but this one actually is. I rated it five stars but I wish I could give this book more than five stars, it really is that good. If someone asked me to recommend them the perfect book I would name this one.

Tracey is a fantastic author and one that has quickly became one of my favourites after reading the books that followed this, Uncharted and Covet. I would love to reread this book lying by the pool in Cyprus with an ice cold pint of Keo (local lager!).


One Hundred Proposals - Holly Martin


Do you like books that take you to fantastic, exotic locations? Well how about books that take you on many different trips within one book? I loved this book, easily one of my favourites of the year so far and one that I have no trouble recommending to people to read this Summer. Holly was a new author to me but one who is loved universally amongst the bloggers whose opinions I trust so I picked this up expecting big things and was not disappointed. The story in this book is just faultless. It's perfect but at the same time believable. 


Power Games - Victoria Fox


Perhaps not one to read if you are off to a luxurious island, okay so the events depicted here take place on a remote and less than exotic island but at the same time are still situations you wouldn't want to find yourself in! Very few authors deserve the Jackie Collins comparison but Victoria definitely does. This book has all the hallmarks of the perfect bonkbuster and I loved it. Outrageous characters finding themselves in even more outrageous situations this is a book everyone should have in their suitcase!


Aimee Duffy's Summer Flings Series


The Summer Fling books are a series currently being released by HarperImpulse. The first book is Trouble in Tinseltown and which despite being short I found to be quite action packed and fun. I'm not usually a fan of short stories but having finished all the shorts it is essentially a book cut up into pieces but I find that with the covers and title of the books it definitely works and I'm a huge fan of how the books have been released. 


Following three girls, Ciara, Gem and Elle we go from LA to Miami, Paris to Greece, Ibiza to Florence before finishing in Dublin. If you aren't going away this year then what better way to see the world? Fun, flirty with plenty of sex they are easy reads but at the same time touch on some serious storylines. Our main character Ciara faces decisions about her life and her relationship and she is such an amazing character. Each book takes around half an hour to read and whilst on holiday looking for something quick and easy to read you can't really go wrong here.



Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop - Abby Clements

Every so often a book comes along that you just fall in love with and want to tell everybody to read. This is that book. I wanted to read it from the minute I laid eyes on the cover, it looks great. And luckily the story contained within is even better.

If ever a book was written to be read in Summer then it is this one. An absolutely amazing book that I just loved. Perfect for reading on the beach, by the pool or even by the seaside in the UK if the weather can remain nice for a few hours. Beware though this book will make you drool and develop the biggest cravings for ice cream. This is one of those books you will fall in love with and recommend to everybody you can.


I would like to thank Shaun for stopping by at The Book Corner today, he has selected some fab books. You can follow him on twitter here and make sure you check out his great blog here

2 comments:

  1. Shaun! I am so honoured that you'd have me in your summer reads along with Victoria Fox and Holly Martin! I've read all of Victoria's other books and need to get this one. And having just finished One Hundred Proposals I'm also a Holly fan. Since you have impeccable taste I'll have to treat myself to the others ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you so much Shaun for including me and for your lovely comments Aimee, yours are definitely next on my TBR pile

    ReplyDelete