Tuesday 19 August 2014

Summer Feature 2014 by Louise Guest Post



Today I have Louise who is talking about her Summer Reads, thanks so much for taking part Louise, and I'm excited to hear about what you are reading this summer!



Hello, I was delighted to be asked by the lovely Sam to write a guest post for her blog feature about Summer Reads. I thought I would share with you the five books I am looking forward to taking with me and hopefully reading on this year’s holiday.



As parents to a child under school age, we are lucky enough to be able to take our holiday outside of the main school holidays, so our holiday is likely to be in September or October this year which means I will be able to take some books that won’t be out til later in the year.



1. The Monogram Murders by Sophie Hannah I adore Agatha Christie and Hercule Poirot and his famous moustache and I love Sophie’s complex and psychological thrillers and so am beyond excited to read Sophie’s new story featuring the one and only Monsieur Poirot;

2. No Safe House by Linwood Barclay. I love reading thrillers on holiday as it’s a time I usually get to read a lot all at once so it is perfect to read an unputdownable page turner and am on tenterhooks to read this sequel to No Time for Goodbye as I can never work out whodunit;

3. Power Games by Victoria Fox – Every summer holiday needs a bonkbuster and this sounds fantastic where seven celebrities are trapped on an island together and that’s when the fun starts. It’s described as “sexy, fun and full of scandal” which sounds perfect for a lazy read by the pool together with a cocktail – make mine a Strawberry Daiquiri please!

4. The Best Thing that Never Happened to Me by Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice As an antidote to all the scandal and crime I plan to read, I am after a good old fashioned romantic comedy to sweep me off my feet and give me something to daydream about and I have only heard fantastic things about this book and I’m interested to see how having two writers will affect the dynamic of the story.

5. The Scarecrow’s Wedding by Julia Donaldson and Axel Sheffler As our holidays now include our own little bookworm, I will be reading my way through our little girl’s TBR pile too which includes this gem. I am looking forward to it as we adore The Gruffalo and Room on the Broom so looking forward to how Julia Donaldson will deal with some romance – I am sure there will be laughs along the way too!



So there we go, there is what I am hoping to read on my late holiday this year.



Wishing Sam and everyone a wonderfully relaxing Summer filled with fantastic books and lazy, fun-filled days and thanks to Sam for hosting my guest post – I had fun!



Louise Wykes (@jaustenrulesok)


Thanks so much Louise and I am very interested in The Scarecrow's Wedding! As a school teacher I love to discover new books for my class and this is one I think I will be looking into! Thanks again for participating in the summer feature and I loved to read about your list! I hope you manage to read them all! You can follow Louise on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment