Wednesday 24 December 2014

The Gift - Karli Perrin

The GiftThe Gift by Karli Perrin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was the weekend before Christmas and the whole world was on countdown.
Except for me.
Last Christmas, I met a boy.
Last Christmas, we made a pact.
Christmas would never be the same.
Life would never be the same...


This is an incredibly short story, that I read in about 20 minutes, so perfect for a short lunchtime break or commute.

This is Imogen and Blake, they meet on the run up to Christmas in an unusual situation and take a shine to each other.

My only negative of this short story is the reference to most of the dialogue between the two characters being in code. I felt this point was laboured quite a lot.

The description of Blake makes you want your own Blake this Christmas.

This short story is flirty and fun. This is the first time I have read a story by Perrin, however on the strength if this I would read others of her books.

This is currently free on Amazon and it is a great free find. If you have not downloaded this yet, go grab yourself a copy!


No comments:

Post a Comment