Wednesday 17 December 2014

Shopaholic to the Stars - Sophie Kinsella

Shopaholic on Honeymoon (Short Story)Shopaholic on Honeymoon by Sophie Kinsella
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The new Mr and Mrs Brandon are on honeymoon, and Becky has big plans! They’ve got a whole year to explore Venice, learn yoga in India, sleep in little wooden huts in South America… maybe even see penguins in the Arctic. And of course they’ll need to buy just a few essential souvenirs along the way (everyone needs a set of Murano glass goblets, after all).

They’re not just tourists, they’re travellers. Becky is sure it is just the thing that Luke needs – time to unwind. He’ll come back a changed man… with all the good bits still intact of course.

But it soon becomes clear that Luke has different plans entirely. Can Becky help him let go, or will this little disagreement threaten their whole honeymoon?




When I heard that Kinsella had bought out a short story - Shopaholic on Honeymoon, I couldn't wait to read it. I was disappointed with her latest story - Shopaholic to the Stars but I was hoping this would be back to her usual standard.

I was not disappointed with this short story, I felt Becky was back to the old days, witty and I could hear her voice coming through. That is something I rely enjoy about the Shopaholic series, Becky has a voice and only by reading the first page I know if she is there.

This is the story of Becky on her honeymoon. As a traveller I have always wondered about her honeymoon and love the prospect of Becky travelling. (ONE of my favourite shopaholic' s was Shopaholic Abroad.

I loved every aspect of this short story, even though it was. Short story I felt there was a lot packed into it. It could have easily been a lot longer, something I would have loved! It would have nice to have Becky and Luke visit a few other places.

Kinsella was back with this short story, her writing style and her quirky aspects to the book were all present. I particularly enjoyed reading the letter response from the Mayor of London.

This is a must read for any Becky fan, and after being disappointed with the latest novel by Kinsella, she has managed to convert me back again and made me realise why I loved the books so much.

If you have not read any of the series, this is not th one to start with. If you have then you must read this one. This was a perfect gift from kinsella this Christmas for all her fans.

After reading this I cannot wait for the next story.


No comments:

Post a Comment