Monday 22 December 2014

A New York Christmas by Melissa Hill

A New York ChristmasA New York Christmas by Melissa Hill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When Maddie decides to visit Manhattan in December, hoping that a classic New York Christmas experience might help heal her broken heart, she wonders if an encounter with a handsome stranger might turn out to be the perfect Christmas gift.



I have really enjoyed reading novellas this year, it has allowed me to dip my toes into Christmas, in between other stories.

I first discovered Hill last year when I read A gift to remember and I love it. This story I thought I would equally love as it was set abroad and felt like a really great romance.

This story is about Maddie, she goes to New York to visit her for Christmas. Unfortunately when she gets there Sarah her friend cannot spend as much time as she had hoped she would be able to with her. Maddie is left to explore the Big Apple on her own.

While she is exploring, she meets a man, Blake, he seems perfect almost too perfect.

I enjoyed the majority of the story, however in places it felt very rushed. I was looking forward to the description of Blake and Maddies date as the description was great leading up to it. But in a few lines the date was over and I felt a bit let down by the lack of description given.

The story also seemed a little believable, something happens that I would have thought most people would just shrug off and not worry about, but Maddie gets really wound up about it.

Overall it was an ok story, I thought it would be much better if it had been longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment