Saturday 5 October 2013

Vengeance - Lee Child

VengeanceVengeance by Mystery Writers of America
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

'When a different kind of justice is needed - swift, effective, and personal - a new type of avenger must take action.

Edited and with an introduction by Lee Child, a new collection of stories which reveals the shocking consequences when men and women take the law into their own hands.

Vengeance features new stories by bestselling crime writers including Lee Child, Michael Connelly, Dennis Lehane, and Karin Slaughter, as well as some of today's brightest rising talents.


The heroes in these stories include a cop who's seen too much, a woman who has been pushed too far, or just an ordinary person doing what the law will not. Some call them vigilantes, others claim they are just another brand of criminal..'




I requested a copy of this book from the publisher as normally I love short stories as it allows you to find authors that perhaps you would have not have found otherwise. They are also great as each evening, even if you have a busy job you feel like you can finish a story in a night.

This book is made up of a selection of stories from many different authors that I hear some were chosen by Lee Child and others were selected from a panel. This I felt made the book a bit hit and miss, there were some really good short stories and others I wish I had not read as the story line wasn't as good and I did not like the characters. Some of the stories were also way too horrible, and not having a character in the story you are routing for made it worse. These I felt were not up to the same standard we are used to from Child.

The best stories were those that Lee Child had selected and obviously his own story. Some of these stories I also felt ended very suddenly. Majority of the stories are based on revenge, however if you enjoy thrillers this is definitely one to keep in your bag to dip into while commuting or when you have a spare five minutes. That I feel is the attraction for me on the book containing short stories.

I would like to thank the publisher for sending me this copy to review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment