Wednesday 2 October 2013

Star Paws, Animal Dress Up, Knights - Macmillan Children's Books


Star Paws, Animal Dress Up, Knights Sticker Book

Macmillan Children's Books

5 out of 5*

'The time has come to dress up animals, so everyone get sticking! 

Step into a world of brave knights, dramatic battles and smelly peasants! Design shields for pageants, apply pustules to the poor and enjoy dressing up dogs, cats, guinea pigs and rabbits in some truly amazing medieval outfits!'


When Macmillan contacted me regarding the Star Paws series and would I like to review them, I jumped at the chance. This is the type of books that my class would love and I wasn't wrong!

The contents page is in the layout of a code of honor for the children to sign, and also allows them to find certain pages. The animals in the book have really cute names relating to Sir's, peasants and other knight related titles. 

Throughout the book there are instructions for which stickers should go where, you can even design your own shield! In the center of the book are hundreds of stickers, all stickers are in sections that do go together so it is easy for the child to create the picture, it also gives the name of the character that they are suitable for. 

I would recommend this book for children of all ages, however I feel it would better suit the lower school so 4 - 7 years. The only thing I would have to say, and this is for all the books in this series is that, it would be nice for the stickers to be re-usable so the children had extra fun time. 

I would like to thank Macmillan for sending me this book to review, my class and I really enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment