Sunday 6 October 2013

Lying to Meet You - Anna Garner

Lying to Meet YouLying to Meet You by Anna Garner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

'Does being in a relationship make you a hot commodity in the eyes of would-be suitors?


Chloe Lane is about to find out. When her childhood pal, Ethan Webster, asks her to play the part of his girlfriend in order to test this theory, she reluctantly agrees. As a work-crazed fashion designer, boutique owner and soon-to-be reality show judge, Chloe has no time for a real boyfriend, but being part of a faux pair will do just fine. Not that she has any intention of trying to attract someone else.

However...


Opportunity unexpectedly knocks when Chloe meets fellow reality judge, William Shannon. Super successful and super sexy, this high-powered entrepreneur inspires Chloe to test Ethan's theory herself. Now, on top of keeping her fashion business productive, carving out a new role as a television personality, maintaining a fake relationship and attempting to lay the groundwork for a future relationship, she's lying to William, lying to her friends, lying to her family and quite possibly lying to herself. Will Chloe be able to keep it all together, or are things about to explode?'





This is the debut novel from Anna Garner, she has previous written under a previous name. When she contacted me via Twitter to ask if I would like to receive a ARC copy of the book, I was only too happy to agree as it sounded right up my street.

This is a story of fun and chaos as Chloe gets selected to be a judge for a popular T.V show. The whole story is written brilliantly, the ups and downs of Chloe's life and her life as a T.V judge. I was a bit worried as I was reading it as I didn't want to read an 'X factor' type book, and I shouldn't have been worried, this was not the case at all.

This I felt was a very good debut novel for Anna as the story line is well thought out and flows particularly well. The characters are likable and you feel you are part of the story as you read it. Anna has created a humorous book and has taken a brilliant first step into creating chick lit. I was laughing out loud through out the book.

I don't want to say too much as to spoil the story for others as this is a perfect introduction to chick lit for Anna, and you will be laughing all the way through it. This is a perfect read for a Sunday rainy afternoon.

I would like to thank Anna for sending me this ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment