Saturday 3 May 2014

Blogger “Get To Know Me” Tag


Hey! Welcome to the blogger get to know me tag! Megan from Reading in the Sunshine tagged me in this, and it looks like it's going to be a long post! Thanks Megan, I'm really looking forward to participating!

So lets get on with it!



Tell us five random facts about you

Number One: I was cabin crew for almost two years in between studying for my PGCE. So I was a trolly dolly lol! I traveled most of Europe and got to have some wonderful experiences, staying in some wonderful places. It also managed to pay for my love of traveling and I got to visit places on my days off for relatively cheap prices. 

Number Two: I got married a week before Christmas in 2011. I love Christmas time, there is no better time of the year! The decorations in the shops and in the home, the fires roaring, great food, time to spend with family and friends - just perfect!

Number Three: I teach little children, its not just a job, I love it. I love being able to pass on my love of reading, making them realise you can also read for pleasure, it's not a chore and  help educate the next generation. 

Number Four: I love nothing better than having a duvet day, pigging out on rubbish food, drink and watching boxsets back to back! My current boxset I'm watching is Once upon a time. I also have enjoyed watching, Sex in the City, Gossip Girl, Ghost Whisperer - basically any American sets. 

Number Five: Hmm last random fact...my favourite flowers are Lilies. Yep that last fact is truly random ha ha!

When is your birthday?

April - I love having my birthday in April, it's normally over Easter so I am always off work. It is also the same day as the Queen's, this year it was Easter Monday so didn't do a lot as everywhere was really busy. Spring is a wonderful time of year to have a birthday, some times I have beautiful weather on my birthday. 


What is your favourite colour?

Pink has always been my favourite colour, however lately I have been leaning towards a teal, I have no idea why...


What is your favourite memory?

Hmmm, this is really tricky as I have been fortunate enough to have got a lot of good memories! I would say it has to be my holiday to Margarita with my husband, he wasn't my husband at the time but it was the first time either of us had been on a huge holiday (not Europe) without parents. We were very lucky, we stayed the night in the jungle in Venezuela, canoed down the Orinoco river , fished and ate piranhas and slept in a floating house. The following day we took a small plane to Angel Falls. - One AMAZING holiday!!! 


Describe a day in your life…

My days are very different at the moment due to a health condition, I used to get up at 5.30, travel 40 miles to go to school, teach my class and eventually get home around 7pm for dinner and then relax with my husband. Since Christmas however I now get up around 9, have some breakfast, read, maybe visit a friend, do some washing, type some blog posts, go on twitter and prepare dinner for when my husband comes in. Then he watches the football normally and I will do a bit more reading and we end up going to bed around 10. 


Name five of your favourite songs

Right I am a 90's chick at heart but also have a huge passion for dance music so I won't name 5 songs I will name the first dance at our wedding and then ANY dance tracks!!

All Saints - Pure Shores - this was our first dance song.



If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Right my husband would go mad as he hates it and this is probably why I don't have it as much as I would like and that is a Roast! You can not go wrong with a roast!!! Roast chicken, potatos, veg and thick gravy...perfect!

What is something you really dislike?

Ok, I have actually stopped watching reality TV for this reason, sob stories! I cannot stand them and it winds me up, everyone has problems and may be going through a hard time but we don't use it to try and make people feel sorry for us, and if they are that good they wouldn't need to play that card anyway! Grrr - sorry rant over!!!


Summer or winter?

This is a tricky one as I love the sun, feeling it on my skin and being able to leave the house without about 5 layers on. But I also love the winter - when it snows feeling the crispness of it underneath and being able to wear fluffy jumpers - hence why I got married in the winter.


If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?

I have always thought it would be great to live in America or Australia, but when I have visited these places, yes I like them but I am always happy to come home so England I think will always be the place I want to live. 


Name five of your favourite films

Ok, here goes:

Nativity - think it's the teacher in me, I make the kids watch it every year at Christmas too he he

Wizard of Oz - this is my all time favourite children's film I LOVE IT!

The Notebook - nothing needs to be said here...

Phone Booth - I love Colin Farrel and I love the fact the whole film is centered around a phone booth and its kept your interest.

Hairspray - got to love a good musical!

Just Like Megan I would like to recommend some TV series and that is House - if you have not seen it , give it a go and Benidorm for a giggle!


If you won the lottery, what would you buy?

I would go travelling and probably go on a round the world cruise! I would still work but once I had retired I would move somewhere like Bermuda or British Virgin Islands  - these are two beautiful places in the world and you should visit if you haven't. 


Favourite day of the week?

I would have to say Friday, although I'm currently not working, when ,my hubby finishes work it relaxes us for the weekend and I know I can enjoy a couple of days with him before he has to go back. So it is our time.


What three things would you take to a desert island?

My wonderful hubby, a book and a camera to capture our memories, however if there is only us there, there would be little point of this....hmmmm


Sweet or savory?

I am a savory girl, always have been. I would much rather had a starter than a pud!


Early bird or night owl?

I am a night owl, I don't think this will ever change, I can get up early if I have to but I work much better as the day goes on. 


Name five of your favourite books

Right this is a tricky one again, as any book blogger will know we get to experience some wonderful books...


  • P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern


  • Save the Date by Allie Spencer
  • In her Shadow - Louise Douglas 
  • A tap on the window - Linwood Barclay
  • Where Rainbows end  - Cecelia Ahern



Favourite drink?

I love a Cosmo or a Bellini.. however if we are not talking about an alcoholic drink then you cannot beat a good cup of tea. 


Favourite animal?

Cats, I have always had cats growing up and my current cat I have had since I was 7, she is still going strong. 


Who do you tag next?

O.K I am not sure how long this tag has been around, so if you have already done it, please pass it on to someone else! I tag:

@Janetemson

@hellosweety26

@chapteronepgone

@shoefiend1984

@lisam_catchpole

No comments:

Post a Comment