Wednesday 29 April 2015

Vita Coco Coconut Oil


Vita Coco Coconut Oil

What they say:

Here at Birchbox HQ we’ve bee longtime fans of the Vita Coco Coconut Water so when we heard the lovely peeps over there had launched a Coconut Oil we knew we’d love it! Formulated using coconuts from the same groves as their coconut water, it’s a multipurpose wonder with an array of a-mazing uses! Plus, it boasts a unique composition of fatty acids meaning it’s a good-for-you fat! Try it when you’re baking or frying (it’s a great alternative to butter!), add it to smoothies for a nutrient boost, use it as a face moisturiser, or as a rich hair treatment – the possibilities are endless!

My Review:

I had head about Coconut Oil and the benefits of using it for some time before this arrived in my Birchbox, I already had purchased some so was glad of the extra I had been sent. I use the coconut oil as a moisturiser for my skin rather than using it for cooking. I have tried it for cooking before and it is O.K but I prefer to use it directly on my skin. 

This product is a little strange, when it gets warm it turns to a liquid, but as soon as the temperature drops it will turn back into a solid. I have used it in both forms and it makes no difference how it is. I have rubbed the oil onto dry skin and it has really helped the area that was dry. It is becoming one of my favourite things to use on my skin. I have not used it on my hair yet, but this is something that I will be trying out. 

Would I buy it again?

Yes, so far I have seen the benefits of this product and I like what I see, it is £9.99 for 500ml which I don't think is expensive, you would pay that for a good face cream or moisturiser. I have also been using this on my husband, he suffers from dry skin and it has really helped him. It is a product that just has so many uses. I am very pleased with the product. 

You can buy it from The Birchbox website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment