Wednesday 8 April 2015

Tell No One - Harlan Coben

Tell No OneTell No One by Harlan Coben
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Eight years ago David Beck was knocked unconscious and left for dead, and his wife Elizabeth was kidnapped and murdered.

Dr Beck re-lived the horror of what happened that day every day of his life. Then one afternoon, he receives an anonymous email telling him to log on to a certain website. The screen opens on to a web cam - and it is Elizabeth's image he sees.

As Beck tries to find out if Elizabeth is truly alive, and what really happened the night she disappeared, the FBI are trying to pin Elizabeth's murder on him. And everyone he turns to seems to end up dead...




The second novel I have read by the brilliant Harlan Coben - I read Six Years and wanted to read another novel by this gifted writer and was asked to review Tell No One. I didn't think that this would be as good or a gripping as the first one I read by him but clearly I had mistook this prolific and talented writer.

Gripping the reader from the first paragraph again and drawing you in, Coben proceeded to take the reader on a journey that was both pacy and high octane. Loved every minute of reading this novel and yet again he managed to keep the suspense going throughout and slapping you in the face with 'I didn't see it coming' ending.

Supremely talented and I will continue to read his books in the sure knowledge that he will not disappoint and take me on a white knuckle ride that so far I have not experienced with another writer.

I could re-tell this story in precis but you don't want that; you want to experience this journey yourself unable to go to bed without reading 'just one more chapter' and realising that you simply have to stop otherwise you are in danger of not getting up for work in the morning!!



No comments:

Post a Comment