Saturday 17 October 2015

My Fourth Dewey's 24 hour Readathon info and TBR

I cannot believe that today I am going to be participating in my fourth 24 hour read-a-thon! I remember the very first one I joined in with and I loved it! 

I am going to have a few breaks throughout the day due to my personal life and so during those times I will stop reading for a couple of hours. My husband, however is away for football, he left at 8am this morning and will be due back very late tonight, this is great for me as just when I maybe flagging and perhaps falling asleep he will be there to wake me up.

I am in the U.K and the read-a-thon starts at 1pm my time. That is great as it allows me time to do some school work before it all begins. It also gives me time to run to the shop to stock up on snacks! Out of the 3 other read-a-thon's my most successful one was my very first one. I managed to read about 3 whole books. I would love this one to be just as successful. 

I did put myself forward to host a mini challenge, however I was unsuccessful as so many people wanted to participate. During the day I will try to participate in as many mini challenges as possible as, well it's a bit of fun isn't it. :)

I am going to try and stay up for as long as I can during the read-a-thon, I may not make the full 24 hours, over the pervious read-a-thon's I have realised it is sometimes better to go to bed at a reasonable time and then get up about 6am to continue as where I am the read-a-thon will continue for another 7 hours. 

So here is my TBR. 

I have already started Sophie Kinsella's brand new book - Shopaholic to the Rescue and I really want to finish this today. I also began The Good Girls by Sara Shepard (which seemed like a lifetime ago!) This is another one I want to finish today if possible. So here it is:

Sophie Kinsella - Shopaholic to the Rescue
Sara Shepard - The Good Girls 
Alex Brunkhorst - The Gilded Life of Matilda Duplaine 

If I finish these books I will be very happy and then I will select from one of my massive unread bookcases! 

Let me know if you are participating in the Read-a-thon today and what you are hoping to achieve. 

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment