Wednesday 7 October 2015

Anybody Out There Abridged Compact Disc by Marian Keyes

Anybody Out There Abridged Compact DiscAnybody Out There Abridged Compact Disc by Marian Keyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

'I had to go back to New York and try to find him. There was a chance he mightn't be there but I had to give it a go because there was one thing I was certain of: he wasn't here.'

Anna Walsh is officially a wreck. She's covered in bandages and she's lying in her parents' Good Front Room dreaming of leaving Dublin and getting back to New York.

To her friends.

To The Most Fabulous Job in the WorldT.

And most of all, back to her husband, Aiden.

But her family have other ideas (not to mention the usual problems that beset the Walsh sisters). And Aiden, for some reason, seems unwilling to get in touch.

What happened to Anna to send her so far from all that she loves? And what happened to her marriage that her husband won't talk to her?



This was my first Marian Keyes novels that I have read/listened to. I decided that this would be a good audio book to help me on my commute to work. I managed to finish the audio book in a week, which I was pleased about.

This is about Anna, she is a PR girl for a cosmetic company, however has had a bad accident, which has meant she is living back with her mum and cannot work in the beauty industry until she recovers. While she is there, she spends all her time thinking of her husband Aiden and her life in New York with him. During the story, I was convinced because of her accident she couldn't go back until she was well enough, however I didn't once think why didn't she call Aiden or why he wasn't in Ireland with her.

I really got into the story as I drove to and from work and looked forward to the next installment, the narrator was good and the book was funny in parts. Some people I have seen say the audio book misses out a lot from the actual book. I have't read the book and I enjoyed this, it doesn't listen like things have been missed out at all. The story jumps from past to present and you get to read about Anna and Aiden's lives, I enjoyed this as I have not read the other books where the Walsh family are present. This didn't matter though, it read/listened as a stand a lone story.

This audio book takes you though emotions, there are funny elements and sad parts too. This was not your average chick lit book, it is a little deeper than that. I think it would be good to read the book after listening to it and if I get the chance I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment