Sunday 1 March 2015

Travel Tag



This morning when I woke up and saw that jennyinneverland@WordPress.com had published a travel tag, I knew I would have to join in with this one as I love travelling so much. I would like to thank Wanderness as she made the tag up! I hope you enjoy reading my answers.
1. What was the last country you visited?
The last country I visited was Norway, I went on a cruise last summer. I am however going away in 27 days to Las Vegas so I can't wait for that! 
2. How many countries have you visited?
Now I have been very lucky when it comes to travelling and have visited a lot of places, I think I have currently been to 56 countries and 2 US States.
3. What is your favourite place on the planet that you have been to?
This is a really tricky question to answer when you have been to a lot of Amazon  places. I think if I could only choose 1 I would pick Singapore. It is such an amazing place and has so much to offer. I do not like to return to places as there are so many other places in the world to explore. But if I had to go back somewhere this is where I would choose. 
4. Favourite place in your home country?
As a child I spent most of my summer's at my grandparents, they lived in Cornwall so we ended up exploring this in depth. This still remains my favourite part of the UK. 
5. If you could board a plane right now, where would you go?
Well as I am going  Vegas in a few weeks I guess that's it! 
6. What’s your cup of tea – tropical island getaway, snowy ski break or city exploring trips?
I like exploring cities, however I also like to make sure I have some time to unwind and relax. There  is not a better place to do that except for a tropical island. I am very keen on the Caribbean for their laid back attitude and drinking cocktails on the beach! 
7. What are your top 3 hand-luggage must haves?
1, my kindle. 
2, a good book. 
3, my bikini! 
8. Any travel tips to share?
I would say don't be afraid to go somewhere different. There are many beautiful places out there to be discovered. 
9. Most embarrassing moment abroad.
I was on holiday in Malta and I went swimming with dolphins, which is something I had always wanted to do, when the dolphin pulled me along I lost my bikini bottoms! So top tip, if you go swimming with dolphins make sure you wear a swimming costume oppose to a bikini! 
10. Biggest disappointment.
We never let ourselves get too disappointed with a holiday, mainly for the reason we explore unusual places, which are not always tourist destinations. We take each place as it comes. 
11. Nicest surprise.
We were on our honeymoon on a cruise over Christmas one year. On Christmas day we were invited to eat with the captain at his table, we then enjoyed a completely free night with VIP treatment, private booths to watch the show and other things. 
12. Three places at the tip of the travel bucket list.
I am not finding any of these questions easy! 
1, India
2, Japan
3, French Polynesia
13. Favourite food discovery.
I used to be a very fussy eater but the older I have got the better my taste buds are! I found an amazing beef dish while I was in China, I have never been able to get it again since I returned home as we were unsure what it was. It was hot and spicy and just amazing! 
14. Why do you travel?
I travel as it gives me a sense of freedom, I have a large passion for travelling and there is nothing else I would rather be doing in the whole world. 
15. What 3 things would you take on holiday/travelling if you could?
There is only one thing I wish I could take and that is my cat, I miss her dreadfully where I go away, especially if it's for a long time. Other than that I think I have everything I need. 
16. Have you picked up any phrases from travelling?
No, I am a bit useless when it comes to languages! 
17. What two places would you not go back to and why?
We have decided that we would not go back anywhere as there are so many places in the world to explore, so I will flip the question round. If I had to go back to two places they would be, Canada and Singapore. 
18. Your dream travel companion?
I am really lucky I get to travel with mine every time I go away, that's my husband. To be honest I would not want to explore the world without him. 
19. Most surreal travel moment?
Hmm, I guess the Ffords are pretty amazing in Norway. Or seeing Niagra Falls partially frozen, or walking behind Angel Falls in Venezuela. 
20. Three people you would like to see do this tag
Anyone can join in 

No comments:

Post a Comment