Wednesday 26 October 2016

The Witnesses by James Patterson

The WitnessesThe Witnesses by James Patterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The family next door has a very dark secret.

The Sanderson family has been forced into hiding after one of them stumbled upon a criminal plot. Or so they think. No one will answer their questions. And the terrifying truth may come too late...



I love James Patterson books, I think they are faced paced and they always grab me from the first page. This little book was no different.

James Patterson has released many short stories this year under the 'bookshot' series to encourage reluctant readers, this is the first I have read in this series. I love the idea of them as I can fit in a story into my busy day. As this was free on kindle I decided to start with this one.

This story focuses on the Sanderson family, who are on witness protection and have been moved from Tunisia to a small town in America. Ronald ex police lives next door and had to retire due to ill health but never really gave up on the job. He is constantly on the look out for any suspicious behaviour. When the Sanderson family move next door, which as far as he can work out is a body guard he knows something is not right. Perhaps they are terrorists? He will keep an eye on them.

I don't want to say too much about the plot as the book is so short, but I did enjoy the book. The only negative I have is that the ending felt a little rushed compared to the rest of the book. I would recommend this to others and I will be reading the others in the bookshot series.

No comments:

Post a Comment