Wednesday 14 January 2015

Models Own Velvet Goth


Models Own Velvet Goth

What Birchbox say:

A cheeky mani can inject a little personality into any look and this unique velvet formula is no exception! Packed with glitter, but matte in finish (intrigued, much?!) the multi-faceted formula has us dreaming of nights spent beneath the disco ball. Plus, if a glossy look is more your thing, just add a top coat for instant shine and sparkle!

My Review:

I was super happy when I opened my Birchbox in December to find that I had been sent the Goth colour, I love nail varnishes and although I have heaps of them, I do not own a red one. That and it being on the lead up to Christmas, this was just perfect and has been the colour I have been wearing over the holiday season. 

After reading that this dries matte, I must admit I was a little unsure of the overall effect. I do have a slight negative about this product, that is, it is quite gloppy and sticky. I found it was quite hard to get an even covering with this product as it was so thick. 

After two coats of this polish, it did dry matte and it took a while for me to get used to the effect but after a couple of hours I loved it! I also had so many comments asking where I got the colour from. It was hard wearing too which is an added bonus. 

Will I be buying this product again?:

Yes, Yes, Yes! I don't think the product is going to last too long due to it being so thick, the full size product, (which I received in my box) is only £5 and for that price I will happily put up with the thickness of it. Models Own also do this type of product in other colours, which include the matte glitter. I think I may purchase some of the others too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment