Friday 7 December 2018

Some Kind of Wonderful by Giovanna Fletcher

Some Kind of WonderfulSome Kind of Wonderful by Giovanna Fletcher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Happiness can be found where you least expect it . . .


When the love of your life says you're not The One, what next?

After celebrating a decade together, everyone thinks Lizzy and Ian are about to get engaged.

Instead, a romantic escape to Dubai leaves Lizzy with no ring, no fiancé and no future.

Lizzy is heartbroken - but through the tears, she sees an opportunity. This is her moment to discover what she's been missing while playing Ian's 'better half'.

But how much has Ian changed her, and who is she without him?

Lizzy sets out to rediscover the girl she was before - and, in the meantime, have a little fun . . .


This was my first book I have read by Giovanna Fletcher. I didn't know really what to expect, I was hoping for a good chick lit novel.

In this story we follow Lizzie, she has been with her boyfriend for many years and is desperate to get married, when she gets whisked away on a romantic break to Dubai, she is sure that finally he is going to pop the question. The trip is almost over and so far no sign of a romantic proposal, after one final night she returns home without a boyfriend and her whole life is about to change.

She begins to gradually rebuild herself, this is a chance for a fresh start and although hard Lizzie has decided she needs to move on with her life and try and make the best of it.

I really liked the beginning part of the story and thought it was everything I was looking for, however I must admit I started to get a little lost and bored towards the middle, it felt like it wasn't going anywhere. I was a bit disappointed as it had such promise but I was unable to enjoy it again as much as I had initially.

No comments:

Post a Comment