Friday 24 August 2018

The Big Little Festival by Kellie Hailes

The Big Little Festival (Rabbit's Leap, Book 2)The Big Little Festival by Kellie Hailes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Love happens when you least expect it…

Jodi is panicking. It’s only weeks until her little village in Devon holds its first ever festival and everything is falling apart.

Desperate to avoid disaster, she brings in notorious party planner Christian to save the day. Although she wasn’t prepared for just how gorgeous he wuold be!

Men are off the cards for Jody and surely Christian is the last man she would ever date? But with tensions rising – along with the bunting and homemade scones – she’s about to find out…


Apparently this is the second in the series, I haven't read the first one and it really didn't matter. Rabbit's Leap is a small Devon town and they are getting ready to host the first Big Little Festival, Jodie is in charge and she has hired in help as she can't organise it all in time. The village community have been very good to her so she wants to give something back.

When I was reading this, it quickly came apparent that the story of the festival was more of a secondary story and the reader was going to become immersed in the feelings between Jodie and Christian the man she had hired to help with making the festival a success.

Personally I was a little disappointed with this, I knew there would be a love interest in the book and I was all for that, however I thought there would be more about the festival, which I didn't get. Perhaps I was just not in the mood for a chick lit type read and wanted the book to have a little more substance. Saying this it was an enjoyable read and I read it pretty quickly.

I would recommend this if you have read the other in the series or you just want to escape in a light bubble for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment