Friday 31 August 2018

Five Years From Now by Paige Toon

Five Years From NowFive Years From Now by Paige Toon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What if you met the right person at the wrong time?
 
Nell and Van meet as children when their parents fall in love, but soon they are forced worlds apart.

Five years later, they find each other.  Their bond is rekindled and new feelings take hold, but once again they must separate.
 
For the next two decades, fate brings Nell and Van together every five years, as life and circumstance continue to divide them. Will they ever find true happiness? And will it be together?

 


I love all of Paige Toon's novels, however this one I felt didn't live up to her usual high expectations. I thought that this was just 'very nice'. I felt she was trying to make this a tear jerker, don't get me wrong, this did touch me a lot, especially in the last few chapters but I felt that I was expecting a little more.

Nell and Van were bought together by their parents love, sharing everything together from the age of 5. Over the years their lives are taken in different directions and they only seem to be reunited every five years.

This book has very big chapters, something, which if I was reading this after a hard day at work I would have struggled with as I wouldn't have been able to get through a chapter a night. Reading this on holiday though I read it in a couple of sittings so it was absolutely fine. That's just something to be aware of, if like me you like to read a chapter at a time...Although not billed as a young adult, this felt very that.

Although this wasn't my favourite novel by Paige, it wouldn't put me off reading her others, I enjoy most of her books and always look forward to her next one. If you like her books I would recommend you give this one ago.

I would give this 3.5* (rounded up to 4* for Goodreads and Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment