Monday 23 July 2018

A Summer Scandal - Kat French and guest post



A feel-good summer romance guaranteed to make you laugh out loud!

Summer has never been so scandalous…

When Violet moves to Swallow Beach, she inherits a small Victorian pier with an empty arcade perched on the end of it, and falls in love immediately. She wants nothing more than to rejuvenate it and make it grand again – but how?

When she meets hunky Calvin, inspiration strikes. What if she turned the arcade into an adult-themed arcade full of artisan shops?

Not everyone in the town is happy with the idea, but Violet loves her arcade and business begins to boom. But as tensions worsen and the heat between her and Calvin begins to grow, life at Swallow Beach becomes tricky. Is it worth staying to ride out the storm? And can Violet find her own happy ending before the swallows fly south for the winter?

Sexy, sassy and full of heart, Kat French is back in a new summer sizzler.




Guest Post:
I’ve written a summer book for the last five years now - I love the idea of people packing my book in their suitcase alongside their bikini and sunscreen. This year my release is called A Summer Scandal, a story about a girl who unexpectedly inherits a pier in a seaside town she’s never heard of and packs up her life to head down there to discover her roots. What follows is a story of love and heartbreak across the decades, with lots of laughter along the way thanks to the eccentric locals of Swallow Beach!



Summer is undoubtedly my favourite season of the year, and here are my top ten reasons why.



Summer holidays. I wouldn’t be without the annual family pilgrimage to somewhere warm, preferably with a beach on the doorstep and a hammock in the trees. The older I get, the more I just want to get off the plane and crash out. When the kids are very little we started visiting the Balearics because of the short flight, and we love them so much that we go back most summers. This year we’re off to Formentera, the smallest and least known of the islands, and the only one we’ve yet to visit.



Everyone is in a better mood when the suns out. It’s true, isn’t it? Grey skies puts everyone in an equally grey mood, while the sunshine just seems to make everyone smile. No wonder they say that Aussie’s are the happiest people on the planet!



Opening all of the windows. Oh, this one is a biggie for me! We recently moved into a house that has lots of windows and French doors, and it’s blissful to be able to open everything up and let the summer in. I work at the table beside the French doors and it’s like having an inside-outside office.



Not having to wear winter clothes. The joy of cracking out a

sundress after a long winter of jeans and opaque tights is a particular thrill, isn’t it! Let’s forget about the whole having to shave our legs and slap on some bronzer. It’s harder work, but just so much more fun.



Not being cold. Seriously. I hate the cold. Give me a dappled, shady spot on a sunny day and I’m a happy writer.



Light mornings. I love the early mornings, those precise extra hours of daylight before everyone else wakes. I like to sit outside with a coffee and think about the day ahead, or write if I’m close to deadline.



Late nights. Ditto the long summer evenings. BBQ’s, windows open and start-lit nights… my idea of heaven.



Summer cocktails. I love a cocktail at any time of the year, but especially so in the summer. Long, preferably, stacked with ice and gin! Or fizzy. Bubbles def taste better in the sunshine.



The flowers. Summer hedgerows, parks bursting with colour, and the wisteria that climbs the front of our house. Summer is such a riot of colour and scents, flowers and freshly cut grass. No one say hay fever!



The school holidays. I always think that the end of the school year marks the onset of longer, lazy days. We work from home, so once the kids are out of school for summer, or home life in general takes on a more laid back, lazy pace for a couple of months. Bring it on, I’m so ready this year!



A Summer Scandal is out on June 28th 2018.


No comments:

Post a Comment