Friday 16 February 2018

Inspector Chopra and the Million-Dollar Motor Car by Vaseem Khan

Inspector Chopra and the Million-Dollar Motor Car (Baby Ganesh Agency Investigation #3.5)Inspector Chopra and the Million-Dollar Motor Car by Vaseem Khan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


An enchanting Baby Ganesh Agency short story: a million-dollar car is missing. Chopra has two days to find it, or the gangster who bought it will not be happy.

The Premier No.1 Garage is the place to go in Mumbai if you want a luxury car. Even Mumbai's biggest gangster shops there - he's just ordered a classic race car worth millions.

But now the car is gone. Stolen from a locked room, in the middle of the night.

Who stole it? The mechanic who is addicted to gambling? The angry ex-worker? The car thief pulling off one last job?

And how on earth did they make it vanish from the locked garage?

Inspector Chopra has just days to find the culprit - and the missing car - before its gangster owner finds out ... and takes violent revenge.



This was the first Khan book I have read, I picked this up at the airport for a read on the plane. I thought this would be right up my street, I love mystery and crime based books and recently visiting India I thought I would fall in love with it. Unfortunately this was not the case, I didn't particularly enjoy the story, I found it felt rushed.

There were many characters in the story, this was fine, however I felt due to the length of the book and the speed we were whisked through the story I didn't really know any of the characters very well.

It was an O.K story but it just wasn't for me, I probably wouldn't go out and buy another by Khan on the strength of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment