Friday 7 March 2014

The Never List - Koethi Zan

The Never ListThe Never List by Koethi Zan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

'EVER GO OUT ALONE AFTER DARK

For years, Sarah and Jennifer kept the Never List: a list of things to be avoided at all costs.

NEVER GET IN THE CAR

But one night, they broke their own rules - with horrifying consequences.

NEVER TAKE RISKS

Sarah has spent ten years trying to forget her terrifying ordeal. But it seems the killer has not forgotten her.


NEVER TRUST ANYONE'





This book really gripped me from the start, I began to connect with the characters and actually cared about them.

The Never List is based on characters Sarah and Jennifer, they are friends and have been most of their lives. They create a list of things that they should never do. One night though after a night out they break one of their own rules - Never get into a car with a stranger. That was the biggest mistake they ever made. After years of kidnapping and torture Sarah is out, we are not sure how, but through the book we go on a journey with her to retell her tale and find out why she wants to go back.

I found it fast paced to begin with and really kept me wanting more, as the book went on the pace slowed down some what but I was still gripped. I did feel that the book was better the first half than the second and that the 'shocking' twist was not as shocking as I was thinking. This I felt a little let down by as the rest of the book had been so good.

I also found that I was left at the end of the book with questions and felt that not everything had been given to me as I had wanted. Saying this I enjoyed the book immensely and it was definitely a page turner - I read in 2 sittings, only because on the first day I purchased it after lunch!

I am glad The Never List grabbed me, I have not felt that way about a book for a long time. This actually has spurred me on to find another book in the same league.

The only thing I would say about this book is that I did not find it a thriller, I thought it was more crime and mystery. Saying that I enjoy all types of books so this didn't matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment