Tuesday 21 January 2014

A Christmas Wish - Carole Matthews

A Christmas WishA Christmas Wish by Carole Matthews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

'Last year, Hannah's Christmas was full of love, happiness and romance. Things couldn't be more different this Christmas. Broken-hearted and lonely, Hannah wishes she could be happy and in love again but she is struggling to find even a glimmer of her old festive spirit. Luckily for her, there's some Christmas magic in the air . . . 


A Christmas Wish is a heart-warming ebook exclusive short story that will make you a firm believer in the power of Christmas. So take twenty minutes for yourself and indulge yourself in this romantic and festive tale.'



I love reading short stories, especially in the run up to Christmas. This story however for me I felt was lacking something.

The story is about Hannah, she goes to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and she remembers the previous year when she went with her ex Mitchell. Mitchell was the love of Hannah's life and nothing came close to him, however this year they are not together, after Hannah found out what he was like the hard way.

Going to Winter Wonderland brings it all back for Hannah, this is until she meets a jolly guy in a red suit. Maybe Hannah's Christmas wish will come true?

Overall the story is a nice one, but that to me was just it, it was nice. It never gave me the spark which I expected. However this is a quick read and not intending to be too taxing. This passes a break with a coffee, but I was left a little flat by the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment