Friday 31 May 2019

Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell

Then She Was GoneThen She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell

She was fifteen, her mother's golden girl.
She had her whole life ahead of her.
And then, in the blink of an eye, Ellie was gone.

Ten years on, Laurel has never given up hope of finding Ellie. And then she meets a charming and charismatic stranger who sweeps her off her feet.

But what really takes her breath away is when she meets his nine-year-old daughter.

Because his daughter is the image of Ellie.

Now all those unanswered questions that have haunted Laurel come flooding back.

What really happened to Ellie? And who still has secrets to hide?



I haven't read a Lisa Jewell book for some time, but the books I have read by her have been completely different. I was excited to read a book of a different genre by her and to see if she was able to adapt to a different genre.

This story if about Laurel Mack, her daughter went missing ten years ago. She never did find out what happened to her and has never given up hope of finding some clues. One day she meets a man in a cafe, after they hit things off she discovers he has a daughter, who is about 9 and looks the spitting image of the daughter she lost.

After time goes on Laurel begins to think there is more to her relationship and the coincidence of Poppy, the daughter of Floyd (the man she is seeing). She begins to do a bit of research of her own.

I found the story had good pace and I wanted to pick it up to finish it. I thought I had guessed the ending early on in the story, and although I hadn't I wasn't far from the ending of the book and that is why I have given this 4* and not 5*.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and will be reading other new Lisa Jewell books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment