Sunday 12 October 2014

Dewey's 24 hour readathon TBR

I can't believe that Dewey' s 24 hour relaxation is back!

The last one was my first ever and I loved it! I really felt I made progress and dipped into my TBR which was really needed.

So what is Dewey' s 24 hour readathon?

Taken from Dewey' s website

For 24 hours, we read books, post to our blogs, Twitters, Tumblrs, Goodreads and MORE about our reading, and visit other readers’ homes online. We also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day. It happens twice a year, in April and in October.

It was created by the beloved Dewey (her blog has since been taken down, so the link won’t work). The first one was held in October 2007. Dewey died in late 2008. We’re still saddened by her absence, but the show must go on. The read-a-thon was renamed to honor its founder in 2009.

Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon is hosted by Heather and Andi of The Estella Society, with help from volunteers.


So this readathon is happening on Saturday 18th October and here in the UK it begins at 13:00. 

During the day there are challenges you can compete in to break up the day an  have a bit of fun, you can also participate in Twitter chats to get motivation from others participating in the readathon. 

I am th excited about this readathon, j have joined in a fee this year, thks one though is a firm favourite of mine. 

What is my TBR? 

So for this readathon I would love to beat my last target, which was 4 books. 

At the moment this is my list, there are more than 4 so I get a choice, I will probably also read a fee novellas in between books to break it up a bit. 

Boys don't knit by TS Easton 
Don't tell mom by Simon Hoggart and Emily Monk 
The headmaster' s wife by Thomas Greene 
It must have been the mistletoe by Judy Astley
On the fence by K West 
The twelve dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson

Novellas: 
Shop Gossip by K Player 
New York Nights by Lucy Lord
Hobbs Cottage by Ruth Saberton 

So that is my TBR I would be over the moon if I managed to read even a fraction of these, I need to remember it is only in 24 hours... maybe this is a little ambitious! Are you joining in? What's on your list to be read? 

I would love to hear from you, let me know by leaving me a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment