Friday 11 April 2014

Deep Blue Sea - Tasmina Perry

Deep Blue SeaDeep Blue Sea by Tasmina Perry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

'Beneath the shimmering surface lies a dark secret...

Diana and Julian Denver have the world at their feet. With a blissful marriage, a darling son and beautiful homes in London and the country, Diana's life, to the outside world, is perfect. But nothing is as it seems... 

When Julian dies suddenly and tragically, Diana is convinced there is more to it than meets the eye. She calls on the one person she had never wanted to see again - her sister, Rachel.

A former tabloid reporter, Rachel appears to be living the dream as a diving instructor on a Thai island. The truth is she's in exile, estranged from her family and driven from her career by Fleet Street's phone-hacking scandal. 


For Rachel, Diana's request opens old wounds. But she is determined to make amends for the past, and embarks on a treacherous journey to uncover the truth - wherever it may lead...'




This was my second book I have read by Tasmina Perry, the first being her show stopper The Proposal. This book, however was completely different to they style she has written that one.

First of all I was drawn in by the cover, isn't it fantastic! It screams being away on holiday and making me want to go. The story however is not as tranquil as the cover suggests and I got quickly swept in by the scandal and mystery of the story.

Diana and Julian have the 'perfect' life, Julian is the head of a multi million pound company and they have good family and friends, however cracks appear once Julian is found dead in his own house! Diana is told it is suicide, but a nagging feeling tells her there is more to this than meets the eye. There is only one person she feels that she can trust and take her seriously, this however is her estranged sister Rachel, who fled to Thailand a few years before.

Rachel has been living in Thailand for the past three years after turning her back on her reporters job and her family. Since then she has been running a very successful diving business with her partner, who she met out there Liam. When Diana turns up in Thailand to see her sister after 3 years of no contact, Rachel is pleased she has a chance to put things right and get their relationship back on track, she accepts Diana's proposal to help her and find out what really happened to Julian.


Although the book is quite long, not shy of 500 pages, I expected it to take me a long time to read it, however I got so involved in the story line and the characters I read it extremely quickly. This book seemed to have everything, romance, scandal, mystery, suspense, thrills.

I also expected the book to be predictable, I was very surprised. I couldn't work out they mystery that surrounded Julian's death and every time I thought I was getting close to finding out there was another twist. This to me made the book even more enjoyable and kept me hooked.

All the characters were developed well, even smaller characters. There were many in the book, but they were easy to follow and everyone had a reason to be in the story and bought something to the story line. Personally I loved Dot, she was sweet, I enjoyed learning about her own live in small amounts of detail and I also loved that Diana could help her and wanted to. I would have loved to visit their Cafe. I also loved Rachel, I felt really sorry for her and reading more about what happened and why she felt she was forced to get away made me really feel for her. I loved that she was able to repair her relationship with her sister and also loved the romance that surrounded her.

This was a wonderful story and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I loved it so much that I have run out and got another novel by Tasmina Perry and she is fast becoming one of my favourite authors. This is a wonderful story for the summer and if you are looking for a captivating and hooking read this one is for you.

I promise it won't disappoint!

I would like to thank the publisher immensely for sending me this copy in exchange for a honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment