Sunday 23 June 2013

The Longest Holiday - Paige Toon

The Longest HolidayThe Longest Holiday by Paige Toon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

'Don't wait for the storm to pass; learn to dance in the rain…'
Laura has been married to the man of her dreams for seven months. But a week before the wedding, Matthew made a terrible mistake.
Escaping the humiliation that is now her marriage, Laura is whisked off to Florida's Key West by her best friend Marty. A carefree holiday full of cocktails and fun, surrounded by gorgeous, tanned men, is exactly what the doctor ordered.
Distraction comes in the form of sexy Cuban scuba diver Leo. Laura's instant attraction to him knocks her flying, and she falls hard.
As the end of the holiday approaches, Laura doesn't want to go home. Is it time to face the music? Or is there more to Key West than a holiday romance?




Paige Toon has become one of my favourite authors, from the moment I bought Lucy in the Sky I was hooked, and since they all have pride of place on my bookshelf.

Paige Toon for me personally does not write quick enough! I feel like I wait so long for her books to be released, they are, however I am not disappointed, only that they are over so quick!

The main character is Laura, she has married the guy of her dreams and they are very much in love. After only a few months of marriage Laura discovers her husband Matthew had an affair. Laura cannot cope so agrees to go on holiday to Key West with her friends to help her get over it and decided what she is going to do.

While Laura is on holiday she has an instant attraction to Leo - her scuba diving instructor. Laura spends a lot of time battling with emotions while on the trip, to make matters worse Matthew won't give her time to figure out what she wants.

It's time to leave Key West....does Laura go home?

I loved the longest holiday and could not put the book down once I had started it, it was a read page turner. I felt that the book although you thought it was predictable did have surprises along the way and you never really knew how it was going to end up.

Paige Toon manages many emotions in her books and she does this beautifully, there are times you want to laugh and other times you really feel for the characters, I really felt like I knew Laura and that I was one of her friends.

I feel this is easily the best book I have read this year, it captures you from the moment I picked it up, I also love how Paige Toon leaves books open to bring back the characters, I wonder if Leo and Laura will make an appearance? If you have never read a Paige Toon book this is an excellent one to start with, and if you have go and get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment