Saturday 22 June 2013

A Sea Change - Veronica Henry


A Sea ChangeA Sea Change by Veronica Henry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jenna is known as The Ice Cream Girl. She doesn't mind the name one bit. After all, it's a happy name, and there are far worse jobs than selling ice creams on Everdene beach.

Craig spends as much time as he can at the beach hut in Everdene he rents with a few of his mates. As a policeman, it is a restful change from his daily life, and he's surfing mad. One weekend he's down there on his own when he notices a girl on the beach. He's young, free and single and she catches his eye.

But on this particular summer weekend, both Jenna and Craig's lives are about to change . . .
This was my first book by Veronica Henry since then I have purchased two fo her other books The Beach Hut and The Long Weekend

Craig is escaping his busy job, the city and his life as goes to stay at Everdene for a week one hot August to get away from his own problems.

Jenna is trying to escape Everdene and the surrounding places, penniless and suddenly with no job and with a horrible landlord possibly homeless, she decides she only has one option.


Jenna and Craig's paths cross on more than one occassion Craig views Jenna from afar until as he suddenly sees something in Jenna that has been bothering him for a long time. 
 
This is a great introduction to Veronica Henry's work which if you have never read before which I hadn't, and it encouraged me to purchase other books by her. 
 
This comforted me on holiday when I took an Easter break, unfortunately it didn't last me longer than the morning, but for £1 and a quick read I was very happy.

I find that quick reads are a great way to have a 'taster' from authors you prehaps haven't thought about reading before. I was slighly disappointed with the length of the story, it seemed a little rushed in places. That said I enjoyed the book and have decided to read others.

No comments:

Post a Comment